We can all use more prospects and connections. Are you trying every avenue to generate traffic and increase leads?
Amp up your web presence
- Website: Is your website Search Engine Optimized? Google now prioritizes high-quality content. Focus on strong content to bump yourself to the top of senior living search results and garner more organic leads.
- Internet ads: Consider paid social media ads in addition to your paid search ads. The click-through rate of Facebook ads has skyrocketed 275% in the past four years.
- Social media: Don’t assume that your future residents aren’t online. The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is in the 55 to 64 year-old age bracket. Invest in a concerted social media strategy, and generate regular meaningful content to keep your followers engaged.
- Email: Your email content should be both valuable and personalized. Personalized emails improve click-through rates by 14% and conversion rates by 10%. Show your leads you’re in their corner by thinking deeply about what needs you can fulfill for them.
Don’t forget traditional advertising
- Print marketing: 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing. Use the small space of the page to create an “aha!” moment. Prioritize value over flash.
- Direct mail: 40% of consumers try new businesses after receiving direct mail. Make it stand out from the bills and magazines with pleasing graphics, easy-to-read fonts, and a hot offer. Include a gift or something of clear value with every mailing.
- Referrals: 74% of consumers identify word of mouth as a key influencer in their purchasing decision. Help your current connections better educate their natural networks. Create helpful referral packets for existing community members, board members, residents, and staff. Educate them on educating others.
Think outside the screen
Digital connections are crucial. But don’t forget that you are an in-person community, too.
- Focus on social -- not just social media: Tap into your residents’ existing networks. Encourage them to invite their friends who are not yet in residence to events and gatherings. Let prospects know, too, that their friends are welcome at events.
- Invite your residents along: Happy, engaged current residents are your best salespeople. Invite them to join your outreach events, pop in on tours, and chat with prospectives.
- Open up your doors: Nothing says “organic marketing” like opening up your doors to the needs of your existing community. Offer your space to local organizations. Invite the community to some of your residents’ events.
- Go beyond the tour: Offer a day-long trial stay for interested residents, well-planned with many chances to interact with current residents.
As with any outreach, be sure to aggressively capture email addresses and whatever quick, pertinent information you can gather. Keep your in-person marketing efforts as synced with your CRM as possible to maximize every lead’s potential to convert.
Want more tips on generating traffic? Check out our webinar on how to measure success for your community.